Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-05-21, 21:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Uphorik

Uphorik
2018-05-07, 23:22
Uphorik
Anyone have any experience of comparing the Uphorik with the Linto? I have the chance to buy a used uphorik. Apologies if this has been covered before.

LP12/Akito/Kore/Lingo 4/Klyde/Uphorik; Klimax Kontrol; Klimax 320As.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-05-08, 16:17
RE: Uphorik
(2018-05-07 23:22)muffin Wrote:  Anyone have any experience of comparing the Uphorik with the Linto? I have the chance to buy a used uphorik. Apologies if this has been covered before.

Yes. The Uphorik is much better in every-way in my experience. Also, very flexible due to the adjustments possible on its underbelly!

Ooh, and it does MM and MC., single end and balanced. Smile
2018-05-08, 17:49
I concur - the Uphorik was better across the whole of the audio spectrum, despite the Linto being pretty good in its own right.

If you can, get the balanced cable for the tonearm as well - the difference is NOT subtle.
2018-05-08, 22:22 (This post was last modified: 2018-05-08 22:31 by Catweazle.)
I sincerely hope so. Just have bought a pre-owned Uphorik myself, and have been using a Linto for the past decades Wink
As I'm away from home, I cannot comment on the SQ right now, but I'll certainly do when I'm back at my LP 12. In less than two weeks that is.
I'm using the good old silver (grey) RCA T-Kable right now. The one with the old unslotted plugs. Will consider switching to balanced Mogami when doing the Lingo 2 -> Lingo 4 move, as this means to almost re-build the LP 12 anyway.
It's a shame, not to audition it beforehand, but I assume even Peter hasn't two Akurate LP 12s with different T-Kables. So we have to trust Ian, which we obviously do anyway when buying a Uphorik Tongue
2018-05-08, 22:39
(2018-05-08 16:17)pdcman Wrote:  Ooh, and it does MM and MC., single end and balanced. Smile

According to my understanding of Ian's remarks in another thread on this forum (the one on settings for different pickups), the Uphorik is always single ended on the input, whether you connect RCA or XLR. The XLR T-Kable is recommended by Ian @ Linn for the Uphorik though.
2018-05-16, 16:00
Uphorik arrived this morning! Very straightforward to set up for the Klyde. I’ve been playing records on and off for most of the day. First impressions are that it’s very open, smooth and detailed. It seems to have greater dynamic range than the Linto - the quiets are quieter and the louds are louder but very controlled. Exactly what I’d hoped for. So the upgrade programme is nearly complete and the system is sounding very good - just an Ekos to go and I will have my perfect analogue system.

LP12/Akito/Kore/Lingo 4/Klyde/Uphorik; Klimax Kontrol; Klimax 320As.