Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-05-21, 21:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Linn Labs - IFTTT

Linn Labs - IFTTT
2018-05-14, 18:21
Linn Labs - IFTTT
All,

I’m interested in playing with Amazon echo integration via Linn Labs and IFTTT.

I’ve signed up and logged in etc.

When I open the IFTTT app, I want to try the “get Alexa to play a specific playlist”option, however when I get to the option to choose a playlist, is just says “no options found” - it can see my DSM, but no options.

Has anyone tried this ?

Cheers

Majik DSM - Exakt Akudorik’s (oak)
Synology DS415+ running MinimServer

Aspirations - Katalyst upgrade on the ‘doriks & AEDSM.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-05-14, 18:57
RE: Linn Labs - IFTTT
I was about to try this but after noticing IFTTT app will read my contacts, camera roll etc. I decided to delete the app from my device.
BY
2018-05-14, 20:49
(2018-05-14 18:57)Baba Yaga Wrote:  I was about to try this but after noticing IFTTT app will read my contacts, camera roll etc. I decided to delete the app from my device.

+1. None of this is necessary for controlling the DS. There is still no information on Linn Labs what IFTTT can actually do. Mute my DS if someone posts on Facebook? Wink What I've been told was, that IFTTT is not able to keep Kazoo’s playlists in sync across different control points.

The Linn API documentation states:
Quote:The API also includes the capability for your users to create a Linn Account playlist stored on our servers so it can be retrieved and manipulated at any time.

If multiple playlists would be supported it shouldn’t be too difficult to keep these playlist in sync if Kazoo would use this API.

AEDSM > KEB/1 x 2 > Linn Silvers > A4200/1 x 2 > K200 > MISOs
2018-05-15, 14:52
(2018-05-14 18:21)Geoff_UK Wrote:  All,

When I open the IFTTT app, I want to try the “get Alexa to play a specific playlist”option, however when I get to the option to choose a playlist, is just says “no options found” - it can see my DSM, but no options.

Has anyone tried this ?

Cheers

Hi Geoff

Thanks for having a look!

Our IFTTT action for playlists is actually an integration with another Linn Labs feature: cloud-hosted playlists.

Like everything else we release under the 'Linn Labs' banner, our cloud playlist services are experimental and under development.

Importantly, these cloud playlists have NOT been integrated with Kazoo.

In the short term (~the next few weeks), we plan to deploy a very simple Linn Labs playlist utility to allow curious people to create cloud playlists so that they can experiment with IFTTT and our new cloud infrastructure.

In the longer term, we plan for our cloud playlist service to 'graduate' from Linn Labs and be integrated into our control point.

In the absence of a cloud playlist utility, you can still get your Echo to trigger your DS to play something by using our 'Play something' action, which can play music given a URL.

I've done this at home - I can ask Alexa to play various radio stations: https://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread....#pid479153

Good luck!
Sandy
2018-05-15, 19:00
(2018-05-15 14:52)Sandy Cormie Wrote:  In the longer term, we plan for our cloud playlist service to 'graduate' from Linn Labs and be integrated into our control point.

Thanks Sandy,

I'm looking forward to it.

AEDSM > KEB/1 x 2 > Linn Silvers > A4200/1 x 2 > K200 > MISOs
2018-05-15, 22:31
Will the cloud playlist service be the long-promised successor to Jukebox? If it is, will there be a means of accessing some or all playlists via the IR remote?

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10/1 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
2018-05-16, 17:06
(2018-05-15 14:52)Sandy Cormie Wrote:  
(2018-05-14 18:21)Geoff_UK Wrote:  All,

Has anyone tried this ?

Cheers

Hi Geoff

Thanks for having a look!

Our IFTTT action for playlists is actually an integration with another Linn Labs feature: cloud-hosted playlists.

Like everything else we release under the 'Linn Labs' banner, our cloud playlist services are experimental and under development.

Importantly, these cloud playlists have NOT been integrated with Kazoo.

In the short term (~the next few weeks), we plan to deploy a very simple Linn Labs playlist utility to allow curious people to create cloud playlists so that they can experiment with IFTTT and our new cloud infrastructure.

In the longer term, we plan for our cloud playlist service to 'graduate' from Linn Labs and be integrated into our control point.

In the absence of a cloud playlist utility, you can still get your Echo to trigger your DS to play something by using our 'Play something' action, which can play music given a URL.

I've done this at home - I can ask Alexa to play various radio stations: https://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread....#pid479153

Good luck!
Sandy

Been working away for a couple days - sorry for late response.

Thanks for the reply - will the cloud playlist ability be advertised anywhere so that I can give it a try?

Cheers

Majik DSM - Exakt Akudorik’s (oak)
Synology DS415+ running MinimServer

Aspirations - Katalyst upgrade on the ‘doriks & AEDSM.
2018-05-17, 09:58
(2018-05-16 17:06)Geoff_UK Wrote:  Thanks for the reply - will the cloud playlist ability be advertised anywhere so that I can give it a try?

I suppose there are two answers to that:

1. We plan to publish a simple utility to Linn Labs to allow you to convert a Tidal playlist to a Linn cloud playlist. That won't really be 'advertised' - we'll announce it here so people can experiment with it.

2. However, when we integrate cloud playlists into our control point, you should expect to hear about through our normal marketing channels (emails and website).

Cheers
Sandy
2018-05-18, 12:09
Will the Linn Labs cloud service be able to inventory the DS software version and offer in Kazoo the ability to upgrade the DS to the latest stable releases for people from the cloud ?

Today you need to run Konfig seperately on a PC/Mac to do this manually and I bet there are a ton of DS's out there running old DS firmware and not getting the benefit of the latest DS firmware and Linn features.

My Sonos tells me there's something new and offers to upgrade itself for me, and it didn't cost X thousand pounds :-)

------
Linn Akurate DS, Linn Exotik+DA, Naim NAP 250 DR, NAP v175
Linn Akurate 242Mk2, Centrik, 5110, B&W PV1.
2018-05-18, 13:17 (This post was last modified: 2018-05-18 13:19 by Briain.)
(2018-05-18 12:09)roydonaldson Wrote:  ...My Sonos tells me there's something new and offers to upgrade itself for me, and it didn't cost X thousand pounds :-)

True, but Sonos is now a [relatively] massive multinational outfit (likely now selling hundreds of thousands of Zone-players per year) and thus likely they now have loads of developers looking at IoT type stuff, and the likes (but strangely, no audio engineers with ears, so it would seem) whereas Linn Products is a [relatively] small Scottish upmarket Hi-Fi company, though they do seem to have engineers with ears (and even beers in the Linn Home area fridge; I took a sneaky peek inside the fridge the last time that I was there). Tongue

KDS/1 (music) + ADSM (AV) -> KK/1 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
ADS/0 -> Homebrew fixed attenuator -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik front sub (bedroom)
MDSI -> 104C (awaiting installation in my kitchen)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)