Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-08-15, 23:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / odd question re Twonky on QNAP

odd question re Twonky on QNAP
2018-05-17, 14:22
odd question re Twonky on QNAP
Hi - Have had QNAPs for ages but have always used Minimserver. I used to 'stop the Twonky server and that was fine. They stopped offering Twonky a while back now but I have noticed that it's always running according to my PC. It doesn't show up in the app window and so I can't control it from there. I have tried the device page and that shows up but for love nor money I can't find a stop option. I can do everything else but stop it.

Anyone have the same and more importantly do you know how I can safely stop it?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-05-17, 14:45
RE: odd question re Twonky on QNAP
What QTS version are you running? I have QTS 4.3 - but mine doesn't appear to have Twonky at all. Could be a different architecture, or it's too new?
Anyway - with QTS4.3, if you go into the App Centre, find Twonky, there should be a button underneath to Open it - next to that a drop-down, where there should be a Stop.

Or, if Twonky was in-built, you could try turning off multimedia services (Control Panel->General Settings, "Disable and hide multimedia functions" check box). It only affects QTS functions (so not Minim, Asset or anything else).

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | AEBox10 [on Custom Design iRAPs] | M6100+2100 | Majik 140 [on alu stands] | REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-05-17, 14:54
I had Twonky running on my QNAP NAS as well although I too was using MinimServer.

Kept on getting messages about Twonky not being compatible with current version of QTS even though I had gone into the App Cenrtre and stopped the Twonky service.

In the end I just uninstalled Twonky completely as I can't see me ever needing it any time soon - problem solved. Smile

Unidisk SC || LP12 | Kore | Akito/Adikt | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 4.
Akurate DSM/2 | Katalyst Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2018-05-17, 15:05
Thanks for the advice but it doesn't appear in the app section and so I can't see it to uninstall or stop it. That's the problem.

I am on 4.3 too BTW.

I have looked in Multimedia section and I don't think that controls Twonky does it - it controls their own services I think.

The weirdest thing to me is that the Twonky page doesn't offer a stop server option any more. It always used to but not any more.
2018-05-17, 15:09
If still a problem then two options: -

1. Restart the NAS - you've probably got a Firmware update waiting anyway ...!

2. Send Briain an email. Smile

Unidisk SC || LP12 | Kore | Akito/Adikt | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 4.
Akurate DSM/2 | Katalyst Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2018-05-17, 15:12
(2018-05-17 15:09)Donald Wrote:  If still a problem then two options: -

1. Restart the NAS - you've probably got a Firmware update waiting anyway ...!

2. Send Briain an email. Smile

Big Grin