Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-08-15, 23:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Getting Started / Ask a Question v / Klout Repair in Dallas/Fort Worth Texas Area

Klout Repair in Dallas/Fort Worth Texas Area
2018-05-17, 22:21
Klout Repair in Dallas/Fort Worth Texas Area
Its hard for me to imagine that as big of a metropolitan area I live in, that I cannot locate a repair shop for my Klout Amps. They sat in a repair shop with someone who had 25+ years of repair experience nine months and he couldn't figure out what was wrong with them. I do wonder how much effort he made and appearing quite busy and may have been repairing equipment he was more familiar with, took less time and was more profitable. Can't blame him for making the most money with his time. Then I read on these forums about others getting them repaired, recapped and in some ways upgraded. Their symptoms seem similar to others that I read so I am confident that they are repairable.

I have already had someone in Austin suggested. I am being a bit stubborn about wanting them repaired locally and have other equipment I would like to get repaired as well. Looking for that repair place that I can take my equipment to for years to come and know that I'll pick it up running like it was new or as close as possible.

Does anyone know someone in the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area that they would recommend for the repair?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-05-18, 02:37
RE: Klout Repair in Dallas/Fort Worth Texas Area
Have you spoken to Dallas Audio Concepts in Preston Rd?
2018-05-18, 02:49
(2018-05-18 02:37)Glyn Ruck Wrote:  Have you spoken to Dallas Audio Concepts in Preston Rd?

Yes. They tell me they cannot do anything for me and refer me to a repair shop in Austin. I want someone local. There has to be someone local within 45 miles that is capable of diagnosing, repairing, recapping and so forth.
2018-05-18, 12:55 (This post was last modified: 2018-05-18 12:57 by moomintroll.)
Perhaps a Linn dealer telling you to go to Austin suggests otherwise...?

‘troll
2018-05-18, 15:18
(2018-05-18 12:55)moomintroll Wrote:  Perhaps a Linn dealer telling you to go to Austin suggests otherwise...?

‘troll

Wisdom in your words. Stubborn in my search.

A relationship with a local repair shop, if possible, is more attractive to me. I have other equipment I want repaired or refreshed.

The local Linn Dealer is great! I would recommend them to anyone. I value and appreciate their suggestion. If my search comes up empty, I trust them, that Austin will be my best route.
2018-05-18, 17:12
Yes ~ When I lived in Dallas I found Audio Concepts to be excellent!