Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-06-23, 16:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / New LP 12 Table

New LP 12 Table
2018-06-02, 06:19
New LP 12 Table
I just had my Ekos 2 installed by David at Accent on Music. the sound and the service were excellent.

I saw him use the Linn set up jig - the Kradle. Now I'm thinking that the Kradle might be a great table for an LP 12.

Any thoughts?

John Hirsch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-02, 12:53 (This post was last modified: 2018-06-02 12:55 by John G.)
RE: New LP 12 Table
You would obviously be bypassing the feet on the LP12 which is not necessarily a bad thing IMO. I think ThomasOK sets up and evaluates tweaks to the setup of the deck while in a jig so it can’t be all bad.

LP12, Exposure amps, Tannoy Speakers, Mana & Symposium Supports
Find all posts by this user
2018-06-02, 21:29
RE: New LP 12 Table
While I do find that the adjustments made to an LP12 are quite discernible while the LP12 is in the jig, it is not what I would recommend for a turntable platform. You are bypassing the feet, which are a definite part of the LP12, especially with the Trampolin 2/Urika which are my preferred bottoms for the LP12. The jig is great for setting up but a low mass platform for the LP12 to rest on, like a good floor stand or wall shelf, is the best bet to put your turntable on for music listening.

LP12SE Movingui • KRadikal • Kandid • Urika • Kremlin • LS-NAS • KRDS • Lejonklou Sagatun Monos & Tundra Mono 2As • JBL 3677s & 4645C Sub • NOKTable • Harmoni Mimer/Tor Racks
AV: Pioneer BDP51 BluRay • Akurate Kontrol • 2 LK280 SPARK • 4 Isobarik DMS • 2 DQ1W

www.nokturneaudio.com

Fine-tuning LP12s since 1978!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user