Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-08-18, 09:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Little rubber thingies for lid

Little rubber thingies for lid
2018-06-02, 22:00
Little rubber thingies for lid
I have a new pair of these but they keep falling out, is it a good idea to glue them into the holes in the acrylic lid, if so is any particular glue recommended.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-02, 23:05
RE: Little rubber thingies for lid
I used a drop of superglue last time I replaced mine. You need to be careful not to get too much on the lid, just in the hole, otherwise you’ll make a mess which won’t come off. One of mine still broke, so I just replaced it with a small piece of rubber. I think it’s Peter at Cymbiosis who cuts some discs from thing cork sheet and glues those on.

‘troll
2018-06-03, 00:31 (This post was last modified: 2018-06-03 00:32 by Ant_C.)
(2018-06-02 23:05)moomintroll Wrote:  I used a drop of superglue last time I replaced mine. You need to be careful not to get too much on the lid, just in the hole, otherwise you’ll make a mess which won’t come off. One of mine still broke, so I just replaced it with a small piece of rubber. I think it’s Peter at Cymbiosis who cuts some discs from thing cork sheet and glues those on.

‘troll
Best bet is G-S Hypocement, I just used it myself.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/170682553950?ch...16fffacf78

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party.
And bring your favourite album with !
2018-06-03, 07:21
When you get bored of changing them glue a small circle of cork on. I cut mine from a drinks coaster. You can colour it to match your plinth too.

LP12, Keel, Urika, Radikal, Ekos, Krystal, KRDSM/2, Bryston4B cube, Briks
2018-06-03, 12:00 (This post was last modified: 2018-06-03 12:01 by Catweazle.)
I put clear self-adhesive elastic pads on my plinth, when I experienced the same kind of challenge. Can't say whether it makes the LP 12 sound better or worse Tongue
At least they passed the critical eyes of my trusted dealer and LP 12 setup wizard ...

PS: I take the lid of when playing music!
2018-06-04, 00:28
(2018-06-03 00:31)Ant_C Wrote:  ,
Best bet is G-S Hypocement, I just used it myself.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/170682553950?ch...16fffacf78

Thanks that seems like a good option Smile
2018-06-04, 06:34
I cut a small (roughly 6mm diameter) self-adhesive cork dot into 4 quadrants with an X-Acto knife and stuck one on each corner of the lid. Easier to do than it sounds. I didn't need to use any additional adhesive, and they've stayed put for at least a couple of years. Two additional benefits: (i) no more marks on the plinth where the old black bumpers made contact and (ii) much reduced noise/impact when closing the lid.

LP12/Radikal/Keel/Ekos SE/Kandid, on Mana Phase 4 shelf - Naim SuperLine/SuperCap DR - Naim 282/SuperCap/CB250 - ATC SCM7s
2018-06-04, 08:00 (This post was last modified: 2018-06-04 09:44 by smokestack.)
I use tiny bits of felt.

It's worth remembering that those stock rubber stops often react over time with finish on the plinth to leave unsightly little marks.
2018-06-04, 08:15
(2018-06-04 08:00)smokestack Wrote:  I use tiny bits of felt.

At last. A use for old felt mats! Tongue

‘troll
2018-06-09, 22:02
I've used high quality cork for clarinet joints; a very cheap leather punch (with varying sized holes) and one of these pieces of cork can make more "lid pips" than you could possibly use over the lifetime of the deck. I like the instrument cork, as it is high quality sheet cork designed to see actual use, not reground/reconstituted cork like a lot of coasters or other "cork" you pick up at craft stores.