Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-06-23, 16:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Uphorik connection to klimax kontrol

Uphorik connection to klimax kontrol
2018-06-09, 19:11
Uphorik connection to klimax kontrol
This has been discussed before but I’m struggling to follow it. I have a uphorik connected to a kk with the standard linn black unbalanced cable. Would I be better using balanced xlr cables? Also is there a significant difference in sound quality between the black and the silver xlr? Thanks for your help.

LP12(Akito/Kore/Lingo 4/Klyde/Uphorik); Klimax Kontrol; Klimax 320As; Klimax DS/1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-10, 10:14 (This post was last modified: 2018-06-10 10:17 by Catweazle.)
RE: Uphorik connection to klimax kontrol
Linn silvers sound better than standard blacks, I never found somebody disagree on that. The RCA or XLR cable question has been much more disputed here.There seem to be opposite camps, as long as you don't need adapters. So the best you can do is, find a dealer who'll lend you both variants. Then buy what you like best. I'm in the XLR camp ;-)
2018-06-10, 20:58
(2018-06-09 19:11)muffin Wrote:  This has been discussed before but I’m struggling to follow it. I have a uphorik connected to a kk with the standard linn black unbalanced cable. Would I be better using balanced xlr cables? Also is there a significant difference in sound quality between the black and the silver xlr? Thanks for your help.

+1 What Catweazle said, though I (unhelpfully from your perspective - sorry!) would veer towards the RCA Silvers unless your Uphorik is placed some distance from your KK. I use RCA Silvers in my setup (below) and am very happy with them. But whether you go RCA or XLR, Silvers are most definitely worth the extra outlay.

KDS/3 - CD12 - SME 20/12 with V12 - Krystal - Uphorik - KK/1 - KCT/1 - custom Slate Age rack - Silvers - K200 - Akudoriks
2018-06-11, 13:20
I have some 'spare' Linn Silvers and was able to compare the two. In my opinion the XLR sounded better, but that is within the context of my system and surroundings. It was definitely significant though. It wasn't night and day different but I was able to clearly differentiate the two cables.

LP12, Cirkus, Kore, Lingo 1 (Class A'd), Akito, Krystal, Uphorik, Ikemi, Sonos, Klimax Kontrol, Klimax Twin, Ninkas, Creek OBH II, Sennheiser HD-265. Smattering of Linn Blacks, Silvers and Mogami interconnects