Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-08-18, 09:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Kazoo (my new wish list) or Kazoo "Katalyst" or Frustration

Kazoo (my new wish list) or Kazoo "Katalyst" or Frustration
2018-06-11, 17:42
Kazoo (my new wish list) or Kazoo "Katalyst" or Frustration
Hi Linn, Hi everybody,

In 2014, I was given here a wish list of all the function I would love to have for Kazoo (controller).

Some were answered... and some not...
And there are new ones too...
Functions that I miss cruelly sometimes...

These are the ones I miss cruelly sometimes... Sad
- Show last played album, artist, tracks
- Show new added albums, tracks
- Tidal/Qobuz/Kazoo server : sorting by artist, album, date added

These are the ones I can live without but it would be so cool to have ?
- Saving shared playlist (local and/or server) in a easy way
- "LastFM" or "AllMusic" link to information on internet about an artist (for now you cannot click on "Read more on Last.fm") or a popup window which can gives you the complete bio)
- A way to integrate booklet with an album and be able to read it on the Controller
- Modify the tags directly in Kazoo Controller

I know some of these can be done with Roon but I am not a fan of the way it works.
Moreover I assume that when you buy a Rolls Royce or a Porsche you should get it with the right steering wheel (controller) and the right engine (server) Big Grin

I see that there is now a Linn Labs which propose IFTTT stuff.
I understand this could be useful for some but I first wish to do some basic stuff like sorting my albums, my favourites,...

Am I the only one owner of Linn Streamer to have such frustration ?

Dear Linn, you give us great Katalyst streamers, please give us now a Katalyst Kazoo !

Thank you for reading and have a beautiful evening.
Serge

“It's not the time in your life, it's the life in your time.”
Bruce Springsteen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-11, 20:31
RE: Kazoo (my new wish list) or Kazoo "Katalyst" or Frustration
(2018-06-11 17:42)sergevb Wrote:  Dear Linn, you give us great Katalyst streamers, please give us now a Katalyst Kazoo !

I'll second that!

AEDSM > KEB/1 x 2 > Linn Silvers > A4200/1 x 2 > K200 > MISOs
2018-06-11, 22:16
I’ll third it. And I just want the timeline to work rather than freeze up! I can live with rest.
2018-06-11, 23:35
I agree with the sentiment too. I guess the features are reflected in the price....!

Sneaky Music DS, Michell/Rega/Grado, Primare I32 amp, Marantz SA14s1 SE SACD player, ATC SCM40 speakers. (Once owned LP12/Syrinx PU3/Goldring Electro lz.)
2018-06-12, 06:05
Quote:These are the ones I miss cruelly sometimes... Sad
1- Show last played album, artist, tracks
2- Show new added albums, tracks
3- Tidal/Qobuz/Kazoo server : sorting by artist, album, date added

4- Saving shared playlist (local and/or server) in a easy way
5- "LastFM" or "AllMusic" link to information on internet about an artist (for now you cannot click on "Read more on Last.fm") or a popup window which can gives you the complete bio)
6- A way to integrate booklet with an album and be able to read it on the Controller
7- Modify the tags directly in Kazoo Controller

1 - This is a server function. Asset does this by way of it's "Recent" trees
2 - This is also a server function. Asset does this and Simon Nash is working on it for Minimserver
3 - This is up to Tidal/Qobuz. Kazoo server sorts by artist and album. Date added can be done my Minimserver if you use a custom tag
4 - This may be going to happen with the LinnLabs Cloud
5 - This is up to Last.fm sending more info and working links. If they do so, then Kazoo could be updated to handle those links
6 - Bubble DS Next does this but only Minimserver provides the booklet. But I agree it would be nice if Kazoo could do the same
7 - This would be a nightmare to implement as it would affect the databases and browse trees. Control points should only read, not write.

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | AEBox10 [on Custom Design iRAPs] | M6100+2100 | Majik 140 [on alu stands] | REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-06-12, 14:00 (This post was last modified: 2018-06-12 14:11 by Briain.)
I'd like to add a request for the broken arrow/page down/up keyboard functionality be fixed in the Windows Store version of the Kazoo control point (which did all work in the Windows desktop version). IHMO that's a pretty 'fundamental' fault and thus one that should probably be addressed prior to the next release.

Bri Wink

AV System: Sky+, HTPC & Roku -> ADSM/3 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
Bedroom: ADSM/3 -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik sub
Sneaky DS -> Roomamp -> 104C (awaiting installation in kitchen; home-brew 'floor sub' yet to be designed)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
2018-06-12, 14:51
How did you get that to work before Bri? I still use the desktop version on my Win7 laptop on occasion - neither the cursor keys nor page keys do anything in Kazoo 4.8.xx

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | AEBox10 [on Custom Design iRAPs] | M6100+2100 | Majik 140 [on alu stands] | REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-06-12, 15:17 (This post was last modified: 2018-06-12 15:18 by Briain.)
(2018-06-12 14:51)timster (RadiatorCatHammock) Wrote:  How did you get that to work before Bri? I still use the desktop version on my Win7 laptop on occasion - neither the cursor keys nor page keys do anything in Kazoo 4.8.xx

Hi

Just re-booted the laptop into Windows to check, and I see it has Kazoo CP version 4.8.1159 installed. If - for example - you navigate to a container of albums, then click on the blank area to the right of 'Play Now', 'Play Later' and the 3 dots, then hit the page down key, you can page down through all the albums. Same applies to any other container; click on that blank area to 'gain focus' for the page/arrow up/down keyboard keys.

The same trick does not work on the Windows Store version.

Bri

PS Why is this useful? I was trying to find an album where I could picture the cover, but not recall what it was called, so the page down feature makes that a lot easier (and thus faster) to work your way through thousands of album covers.

AV System: Sky+, HTPC & Roku -> ADSM/3 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
Bedroom: ADSM/3 -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik sub
Sneaky DS -> Roomamp -> 104C (awaiting installation in kitchen; home-brew 'floor sub' yet to be designed)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
2018-06-12, 15:19
Hi Timster,

I know that there are some workarounds to get some functions by going with other servers.
But I have the feeling to loose the user-friendly interface that you have with Kazoo.

For example, when using Asset, browsing by artists gives you the cover of the first album and not the picture of the artist.

I feel it heavy to have to install 3 types of server just to get what I think are now basic functions for accessing/browsing digital music.

I think that Kazoo is quiet well developed. If only I could have the first 3 points I would already be more than happy ?

Something like that :
https://support.bluos.net/hc/en-us/artic...rt-Options

I really had the feeling that Linn software are always behind their handsome hardware.
I hope that this situation will change with Linn Labs...

But anyway, thank you for your contribution to my post.

Best,
Serge

(2018-06-12 06:05)timster (RadiatorCatHammock) Wrote:  
Quote:These are the ones I miss cruelly sometimes... Sad
1- Show last played album, artist, tracks
2- Show new added albums, tracks
3- Tidal/Qobuz/Kazoo server : sorting by artist, album, date added

4- Saving shared playlist (local and/or server) in a easy way
5- "LastFM" or "AllMusic" link to information on internet about an artist (for now you cannot click on "Read more on Last.fm") or a popup window which can gives you the complete bio)
6- A way to integrate booklet with an album and be able to read it on the Controller
7- Modify the tags directly in Kazoo Controller

1 - This is a server function. Asset does this by way of it's "Recent" trees
2 - This is also a server function. Asset does this and Simon Nash is working on it for Minimserver
3 - This is up to Tidal/Qobuz. Kazoo server sorts by artist and album. Date added can be done my Minimserver if you use a custom tag
4 - This may be going to happen with the LinnLabs Cloud
5 - This is up to Last.fm sending more info and working links. If they do so, then Kazoo could be updated to handle those links
6 - Bubble DS Next does this but only Minimserver provides the booklet. But I agree it would be nice if Kazoo could do the same
7 - This would be a nightmare to implement as it would affect the databases and browse trees. Control points should only read, not write.

“It's not the time in your life, it's the life in your time.”
Bruce Springsteen
2018-06-12, 16:26 (This post was last modified: 2018-06-12 16:27 by Music at Home.)
Has anyone mentioned that the 'back' function doesn't work as well as it could, in that it takes you back to the start of the previous list instead of back to the same point you came from?

ADS/3 -> ATC SCM19A's