Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-08-18, 09:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Hi-Fi Separates and Components v / Flashing mute on Naim 282

Flashing mute on Naim 282
2018-06-12, 21:46
Flashing mute on Naim 282
Hi,

Just recovering from a power outage lasting a couple of hours.

On resumption the mute button is flashing on the NAC-282.

Nothing has changed. Could the outage have damaged something, or is there a way to reset?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

KR

J
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-12, 22:16
RE: Flashing mute on Naim 282
There are some very experienced contributors here, but I wonder if you’d get a better response from Naim’s forum.

Here’s hoping you get it resolved in any event!

Sneaky Music DS, Michell/Rega/Grado, Primare I32 amp, Marantz SA14s1 SE SACD player, ATC SCM40 speakers. (Once owned LP12/Syrinx PU3/Goldring Electro lz.)
2018-06-12, 22:55
(2018-06-12 22:16)nopiano Wrote:  There are some very experienced contributors here, but I wonder if you’d get a better response from Naim’s forum.

Here’s hoping you get it resolved in any event!

Agreed that the Naim forum may be a better environment, but the same thing happened to my N272 in Feb, where it had to be returned to Naim for a resolution.

Sad

Replinthed (oak) LP12/Tramp2/Cirkus/T-Kable/Kore/Ittok LV111/Lingo 1/AT33

Naim 72/HiCap/NAP200/Linn Majik CD/Linn Silvers

Naim Arivas
2018-06-13, 04:21
I used to use Naim kit, but gave up on it as I had too many problems. Swaped to Linn as it was more robust & reliable, far less fussy & sounded just as good if not better. However, you need to get what you have working again so I’d suggest phoning or emailing Naim to ascertain what the flashing means & ask Naim support for assistance resolving the problem: they are very good in responding. Your dealer may also be able to help. I think this will bring a qucker resolution than posting on a forum: it did for me when my Naim kit played up.

JR-MC24->Blu2-DAVE & K-LP12SE wired with Linn Silvers into KK/1D+KCT through SD9s
MDSM3 through MG12s
2018-06-13, 07:24 (This post was last modified: 2018-06-13 08:51 by heathwood.)
(2018-06-13 04:21)Wat Wrote:  I used to use Naim kit, but gave up on it as I had too many problems. Swaped to Linn as it was more robust & reliable, far less fussy & sounded just as good if not better. However, you need to get what you have working again so I’d suggest phoning or emailing Naim to ascertain what the flashing means & ask Naim support for assistance resolving the problem: they are very good in responding. Your dealer may also be able to help. I think this will bring a qucker resolution than posting on a forum: it did for me when my Naim kit played up.

Naim always say that 'they will repair anything' so I'm sure that they will be able to help. When my N272 failed they did give a quick turnaround.

FWIW I think you need one of the internal circuit boards replacing, but it isn't a DIY repair.

And yes Naim amps are VERY fussy about mains issues, as I found out to my cost.

If I had had my time again I would have gone for Linn amplification to.

Sad

Naim Arivas
2018-06-14, 07:03
What a fool I've been.

Hadn't noticed the power amp and power supply located at bottom of the rack were both dead.

A quick inspection of the fuses shows the one on the power supply to have blown.

Not up and running yet, because I ran out of time.

I love the fact that Naim provide a spare fuse in every fuse holder too.

At least I won't have to raid the upgrade piggy-bank to effect a repair!!

KR

J
2018-06-14, 09:04
(2018-06-14 07:03)JDEC Wrote:  What a fool I've been.

Hadn't noticed the power amp and power supply located at bottom of the rack were both dead.

A quick inspection of the fuses shows the one on the power supply to have blown.

Not up and running yet, because I ran out of time.

I love the fact that Naim provide a spare fuse in every fuse holder too.

At least I won't have to raid the upgrade piggy-bank to effect a repair!!

KR

J

Phew what a relief (don't worry i've made similar mistakes with naim fuses on my 72)

Your upgrade piggy bank is safe.

Smile

Naim Arivas