Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-06-23, 16:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Troubleshooting v / Trikanaktamp Clarification, please? mono card

Trikanaktamp Clarification, please? mono card
2018-06-13, 18:39
Trikanaktamp Clarification, please? mono card
Good afternoon -

I 'd like to use a recently acquired mono aktiv card (TRIKANAKTAMP) in my 5125D. It came with the connector kit Conn 222.

The 5125D already has two stereo cards installed, aktiv-ly powering a pair of Ninka's.

My intention and desire was to use the mono card so as to aktiv-ly power the Trikan, as a (mono) center channel.

Per the directions sheet - it states the AV5125 can be fitted with one mono aktiv card (Ch #1) and two stereo cards (Ch #2+3 and #4+5)

However, from my reading of past posts/replies - it seems like the consensus is that in order to aktiv-ly run a Trikan, you would need two channels of amplification.

This is confusing to me, in that I would be using a mono card, which I assume would mean a single channel/mono signal.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me, or offer the correct solution for how to utilize Ch #1 from the 5125, via the mono card ?
How would/should the Trikan be connected[/u] ?

Or, should I just leave well enough alone and power the Trikan - passively - with the 5125's single channel ?

As always, thank you for your advice, counsel and patience ...

Bruce

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-13, 22:22
RE: Trikanaktamp Clarification, please? mono card
Hi Bruce. I only have experience of activating a Trikan with the old LK cards. You needed one mono treble and one mono bass card to make it work. Two cards, and two channels of amplification. Therefore a single channel in your 5125 will not be enough.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply