Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-07-20, 23:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Music

Music
2018-07-03, 22:07
Music
1982 aframosa Valhalla basik lvx listening to the yes album,owned this deck and album since new
Stop talking start listening:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-07-03, 23:27
RE: Music
(2018-07-03 22:07)Ordinary man Wrote:  1982 aframosa Valhalla basik lvx listening to the yes album,owned this deck and album since new

?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-07-04, 09:09
(2018-07-03 23:27)culabula Wrote:  
(2018-07-03 22:07)Ordinary man Wrote:  1982 aframosa Valhalla basik lvx listening to the yes album,owned this deck and album since new

?
I think the 'point' is:
We all get caught-up with equipment, upgrading etc on this forum.
Why don't we just STOP and listen to the music instead?
I had one of those moments recently, when I played an LP on the LP12, for the first time in a while. I just had to STOP whatever I was doing, and just listen, it was that compelling. That doesn't happen very often, and I can often find myself reading something on the iPad after I've selected some music to listen to on the streamer.
Long live the music! Big Grin

LP12 (Valhalla & Cirkus), Ekos, Adikt, Lejonklou Gaio; Denon DCD-A100 SACD; Lumin A1 + L1
Akurate Kontrol/1, Majik 4100 x 2 (Dynamik), Linn Silvers, Aktiv Majik 140's (Upgraded Aluminium Bases), Majik 126
Headphone Rig: Chord Hugo TT, Musical Fidelity MX-HPA, Sennheiser HD800, Beyerdynamic T1.2
2018-07-04, 10:22 (This post was last modified: 2018-07-04 16:24 by charlie1.)
(2018-07-04 09:09)kelly200269 Wrote:  I think the 'point' is:
We all get caught-up with equipment, upgrading etc on this forum.
Why don't we just STOP and listen to the music instead?

+1

There are several hobbies all wrapped up together though earn't there, such as:

1. The enjoyment of listening to music
2. Drooling over kit / understanding how it works, etc.
3. Bargain hunting with the thrill of finding a bargain LP at the boot sale or charity shop
4. Record collecting where people get satisfaction from owning everything from a particular artist, or collecting coloured vinyl, or whatever
5. Learning about your favourite artists through books, music magazines, TV etc.
6. Learning about the recording processes, instruments and kit used to make the record

But, yes, posting on here is often time that could be better spent on number 1, which is what I will do right now Smile
2018-07-04, 13:12

You're the one who stopped listening to post this! Rolleyes
2018-07-04, 16:17
Spot on Kelly and charley1 and yes right hartley I did stop to post,oh shoot I did it again!
2018-07-05, 22:01
You know sometimes we all wonder ,new amp,new speakers,cartridge? Etc and there is no harm in that as long in the meantime we continue to listen.
Got my lp12 at Radford hi Windsor in 82? Didn't go there for it and was unaware that it existed, went to buy speakers (which I did arcam 2s we still have them)
I got it because trusty lps in hand that's what they played them on, blew my gold ring away! It's never been upgraded only serviced and even that not often! Despite all of that and many opinions to the contrary it plays music! It was and is the best tool for me to hear my music. I'm sure lots of you will tell upgrade to this or that but when I put an album like the yes album ,little feet or ry colder why would I?
It does what it did back in 82 makes me listen.and I think that's what it's all about isn't it?
2018-07-07, 08:01
I recently made a similar post along the same lines....I have reached a point now where I listen to albums all the way through, with no thoughts about sound quality or what I should upgrade next. Good place to be!
[KDS KK Solos Akubariks, all latest specification, Rega P9 RB1000 DV TKR DV P75iii]

'The grocer told me what you do with bread'
2018-07-07, 08:15
No need to upgrade if you’re happy with what you have. Buy more LPs.

‘troll