Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-07-20, 23:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Off-topic v / Ashamed of Trump

Ashamed of Trump
2018-07-13, 11:03 (This post was last modified: 2018-07-13 11:06 by John Hirsch.)
Ashamed of Trump
Dear Forum,

I just want my British friends to know that there are many here, probably a majority, who can see that Trump is a perfect disgrace. He has no right to insult our long term allies and even less right to meddle in UK politics.

I don't know if you have this kind of show in the UK, but here we have TV and radio programs that folks watch to see "shocking" behavior on the part of the host and the guests.

It's part of Trump's act to be outrageous just to be outrageous. This draws attention to himself and strokes his ego. Most of us have learned not to take each one of his foolish pronouncements seriously.

Like a petulant child it's best to ignore him. He feeds on publicity and discord.

His support tends to come from the worst educated sector of the American people. He stokes their prejudices while exacerbating their economic condition. Pollution, poor health care, lousy wages are what he really offers them while gaining support on the basis of emotional issues that have little impact on their lives. It's the modern version of "bread and circuses".

Many people know of the Trump dossier compiled by a former MI6 operative. I have actually read the dossier. On of the allegations has Trump hiring five Russian women to piss on a bed in a Moscow hotel room because Obama had slept on it. Now we have the statement from Putin that the best prostitutes are Russian. How does the subject even come up in the context of Trump and Putin?

Did Putin make the arrangements? Is Putin really Trump's pimp? The mind boggles....

In my head I've started to write a comedic play set in that Moscow hotel room. If any of you (especially Paul in Vancouver) has any suggestions let me know. In one scene I envision two of the girls forced to wait around because he wants all five to be there at the same time because he wants simultaneous urination.

Trump gets Putin on the phone demanding the other three and a detailed dialog ensues. One of the girls loses patience, tries to grab the phone and loudly demands, "Let me talk to Putin!!".

My wife, who is from St. Petersburg, is of the opinion that any girl working in such a hotel must have KGB ties. My opinion is that you could find five (somewhat) willing girls in Moscow but you could never assemble such an ensemble in a high class city like St. Petersburg.

I'm anxiously waiting for the Forum's suggestion for my play. I see no reason that it shouldn't run on Broadway or the West End.

Best,

John Hirsch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-07-13, 13:31
RE: Ashamed of Trump
Trump is a disgrace to humanity, I agree. The major worry is that a person like that can get elected to the most powerful job in the world. I worry that he will get a second term because so many US citizens are isolationists.

Many, like John are reasonable fair minded people. But a lot seem to believe that the sabre rattling stance of Trump is what the US should be doing in the world.

I don't have much time for politicians in general but Trump is definitely a step to far.

In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed. They produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
2018-07-13, 13:50
It’s hard for the Left. The truth hurts. Where’s that safe space when it’s needed?

Trump doesn’t tilt at windmills, or believe in the Tax Fairy. He won’t appeal to those who do.

Had the Right reacted to Obama as the Left reacts to Trump, we’d already be in civil war.

Get over it. Trump won. In more than half the States, politicians like the OP would garner less than 30% of the vote in the upcoming mid term elections.

When I was a young man living in New England, I thought I knew it all, and I believed that our enlightened position put us on the moral high ground as judge over the rest of the country. I look back and recognize that widespread myopia afflicts most of the folks there.

Well, it’s harmless to whine. Carry on.

It’s about the music, not the gear. Just listen - or not.
2018-07-13, 13:57 (This post was last modified: 2018-07-13 14:37 by John Hirsch.)
Grim,

Fortunately isolationism in the US is dead and buried. Xenophobia is another story.

Trump appeals to phony patriotism and the emotional needs of his followers such as fears of the elites and immigrants. If there is a easy target Trump is all in,

I think there is only a 40% chance that he will get re-elected.

Best,

John

Peer,

Yes, Trump won, so did Nixon and the anti-immigrant Mason fearing "Anti Mason" and "Know Nothing" Millard Fillmore in the 1850s. Trump's foolishness is not a left/right phenomena. A large contingent of right wing Republicans are appalled - both Bushes, Romney, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan etc. I opposed the Bushes with every bone in my body but neither did anything like Trump to repeatedly and knowingly embarrass the US.

Trumps election was unprecedented because he garnered over two million fewer votes but, as you say, won the overwhelming majority of states. The quirky Electoral College gives greater power to small states. Vermont with it's 600,000 citizens has the same number of Senators as California's 45 million. This is a carry-over of Britain's "Rotten Borough" democracy where underpopulated regions were over-represented in the House of Commons.

I confess, I am a New England Ivy League elitist. So was the first Bush who called for "a kinder gentler nation" and praised philanthropy as constituting "a thousand points of light". (To burnish my credentials as a New England Ivy League elitist I should point out that my father was a classmate of Bush at Yale University both graduating in 1948. Another credential - I am a Washington DC tort centered trial lawyer who has had his horns surgically removed.) Bush thought that good ought to be done, he just didn't think that the government should do it. Why? If something needs to be done what does it matter who does it?

The crisis occurs not because Trump doesn't know what he's doing it comes about because he know exactly what he is doing and appeals to what we call here the "lowest common denominator" or our baser instincts.

Best,

John
2018-07-13, 15:45
By Isolationism I meant the attitude that everything sold in the US should be US products. Which is why Harley Davidson are so far behind the times and so close to bankruptcy. Why American cars were suitable to the US straight highways but watch out for them corners. Isolation has kept out semi-conductor products. Not because Silicon valley is best but because, unless not available from US manufactures are kept out. Why the US government pays farmers to either not grow certain products or to destroy them to keep prices up.

That is not to say other countries don't adopt similar policies, just that the US is so big and important economically, if it sneezes the world catches a cold.

How can the land of the free, stand by:
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" Sad

How can the USA host the World Cup with Canada and Mexico...how will the footballers get over Trumps Wall. That will Isolate them. Tongue

In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed. They produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
2018-07-13, 17:24
Hi John,

I tend to keep politically neutral, as I travel to many countries and need to keep politics out of my agenda.

However, if we ever meet in Washington I am sure we would have an interesting conversation..... Big Grin

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, AkuKat Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 203 on StillPoints, Cat8
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Denali, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
2018-07-13, 17:56 (This post was last modified: 2018-07-13 21:54 by John Hirsch.)
I seriously need Forum members to be comedy writers (or ask their friends to help out) for my play. So far I've come up with the following. The following is a v2 edit:

1. The girls are certainly not cream of the crop.

2. The hotel manager acts as assistant pimp with Putin being the pimp-in-chief.

3. One girl can't stop crying because her married boyfriend has gotten her pregnant and
has gone back to his wife. She's seven months along and says that she doesn't mind pissing on the bed because she's pissing every 15 minutes anyway. She is screaming into her
cell phone at her boyfriend his wife and his wife's mother.

4. One girl comes in dead drunk keeps drinking, complains about the quality of the
vodka, passes out and has to wheeled out of the room by the hotel manager and a
porter in a laundry cart. Just before passing out she pukes on Trump's $1600 gold lined bathrobe (dressing gown).

5. One girl can't keep her hands off of Trump and says that he is an important man
and must be given everything that he wants and more.

6. One girl leaves stating that she's never heard of such degradation in all her life
and that Trump's mother must be ashamed of him even though it was her fault for
not raising him properly.

7. Only some of the girls speak English while others act as interpreters.

Again, I need comedy writers!

Best,

John
2018-07-13, 18:04
John

Have you seen the Two Ronnies ‘Four Candles’ sketch ?

Loads of inspiration there ....

The Source is in 'da groove !!
2018-07-13, 18:48
Steve,

Can you lay out the plot for this or send me a link? Production credits are offered to anyone with a great suggestion.

Come on folks. British comedy has a reputation for being world class. If only your comedians could play soccer....

John
2018-07-13, 21:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNTM9iM1eVw

Klimax LP12 * KDS/3 * Solos/1/D * Akubarik/P
MDSM/3 * Majik 109