Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-08-16, 18:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Hi-Fi Separates and Components v / Where Next?

Where Next?
2018-07-18, 22:44 (This post was last modified: 2018-07-18 22:46 by Stu22.)
RE: Where Next?
(2018-07-18 19:22)SanAla71 Wrote:  
(2018-07-18 16:06)Stu22 Wrote:  That’s right, I am currently using and enjoying the Urika 2.

Kat looks to be the favoured option. I would need to dem to understand the difference as I had previously been told that this is NOT as significant an upgrade for the Akudoriks as it is for the Akubarik.

Just a thought.... Because your system is already pretty amazing, you could start the "Linn Upgrade Fund" whereby poor people like me could apply for funding to upgrade and you get the Karma points for helping those in need...

Now why didn’t I think of that :0)

(2018-07-18 16:19)DavidHB Wrote:  
(2018-07-18 14:45)timster (RadiatorCatHammock) Wrote:  I'd think also that as the OP is already using the Urika II Exakt phono stage, perhaps the AEDSM to KEDSM upgrade wouldn't be as beneficial as otherwise. At least with the LP12 source. Just a gut feeling Wink

Ah. Missed the Urika II reference - my mistake. Streaming is better with the KEDSM, and that might have an effect with the Urika II as well, but clearly the case for Katalyst is even stronger than I thought.

David

Does the fact that I listen to vinyl as my main source not sway toward continuing to upgrade my deck?

Akurate LP12 (plus Radikal and Urika 2) - Akurate EDSM - Akudorik Exakt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-07-19, 07:36
(2018-07-18 22:44)Stu22 Wrote:  
(2018-07-18 14:45)timster (RadiatorCatHammock) Wrote:  I'd think also that as the OP is already using the Urika II Exakt phono stage, perhaps the AEDSM to KEDSM upgrade wouldn't be as beneficial as otherwise. At least with the LP12 source. Just a gut feeling Wink

Ah. Missed the Urika II reference - my mistake. Streaming is better with the KEDSM, and that might have an effect with the Urika II as well, but clearly the case for Katalyst is even stronger than I thought.

David

Does the fact that I listen to vinyl as my main source not sway toward continuing to upgrade my deck?

The original question seemed to be either upgrade your AEDSM for KEDSM, or Katalyst AND the deck upgrade. They are a similar outlay (the latter being slightly higher depending on what you can get for the AEDSM cf the deck components).
If it's now a question of either Katalyst OR deck - I defer to LP12 experts!

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | AEBox10 [on Custom Design iRAPs] | M6100+2100 | Majik 140 [on alu stands] | REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-07-19, 08:56
(2018-07-19 07:36)timster (RadiatorCatHammock) Wrote:  
(2018-07-18 22:44)Stu22 Wrote:  

David

The original question seemed to be either upgrade your AEDSM for KEDSM, or Katalyst AND the deck upgrade. They are a similar outlay (the latter being slightly higher depending on what you can get for the AEDSM cf the deck components).
If it's now a question of either Katalyst OR deck - I defer to LP12 experts!

Given all previous advice, that is now the question my friend.

Akurate LP12 (plus Radikal and Urika 2) - Akurate EDSM - Akudorik Exakt
Find all posts by this user