Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-08-16, 18:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Getting Started / Ask a Question v / Print Playlist?

Print Playlist?
2018-08-10, 12:33
Print Playlist?
HEy,

sure someone has asked this before but the search sys 0 results when searching with above keywords...

Is there any way to print out / export a local playlist saved in Kinsky?

Thanks for helping!
jw
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-08-10, 13:12
RE: Print Playlist?
Nice and easy in Kinsky.
Set the Local Playlists directory in Options to wherever you want it to be.
Then hit the disk icon (save) bottom right of the Kinsky screen.
Give it a name.
It won't be in any decent readable form though.
May be better to take a screenshot.

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | AEBox10 [on Custom Design iRAPs] | M6100+2100 | Majik 140 [on alu stands] | REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-08-10, 17:23
no better solution?

I mean it's an XML file, whatever "DIDL" means ...

... but the whole handling of playlists from my point of view is poorly adressed.

Also, to swap (a) song(s) from one to another playlist or simply to add the actual song playing to a playlist should be a piece of cake but are either the best kept secret or simply not implemented (?) ...
2018-08-10, 19:59
(2018-08-10 17:23)jwka Wrote:  ... add the actual song playing to a playlist...

You can do this with Kazoo. Keep in mind Kinsky was superceded by Kazoo a few years ago and is no longer supported.

1) Sonus Faber Amati Futura; Klimax Katalyst DSM; D’Agostino Momentum S250; Rega RP10 w/Aphelion & Linn Uphorik; Shunyata Denali, ICs, SCs & PCs
2) Luxman SQ-N100, PSB Imagine Mini, AR XA (refurbished), Klimax DSM Renew, Shunyata PS8, Nordost ICs & PCs, Acoustic Zen SCs
2018-08-11, 06:57 (This post was last modified: 2018-08-11 06:59 by timster (RadiatorCatHammock).)
(2018-08-10 19:59)Antonmb Wrote:  

You can do this with Kazoo. Keep in mind Kinsky was superceded by Kazoo a few years ago and is no longer supported.

Ummm. If the song's playing, then it will already be in the playlist (or playing queue). You can only add songs to a saved playlist from the browser, not the now playing/playing queue. All you can do is save the entire playing queue.

I'm not sure what the OP is actually wanting to do tbh.

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | AEBox10 [on Custom Design iRAPs] | M6100+2100 | Majik 140 [on alu stands] | REL T5

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2018-08-11, 07:00
(2018-08-11 06:57)timster (RadiatorCatHammock) Wrote:  
(2018-08-10 19:59)Antonmb Wrote:  

Ummm. If the song's playing, then it will already be in the playlist (or playing queue). You can only add songs to a saved playlist from the browser, not the now playing/playing queue. All you can do is save the entire playing queue.

I'm not sure what the OP is actually wanting to do tbh.

Yes, you’re right of course.

1) Sonus Faber Amati Futura; Klimax Katalyst DSM; D’Agostino Momentum S250; Rega RP10 w/Aphelion & Linn Uphorik; Shunyata Denali, ICs, SCs & PCs
2) Luxman SQ-N100, PSB Imagine Mini, AR XA (refurbished), Klimax DSM Renew, Shunyata PS8, Nordost ICs & PCs, Acoustic Zen SCs
2018-08-11, 07:07
Of course I am, am I? Smile

Anyway - I think the OP may be confusing the queue with "playlists". They aren't the same thing, and I have argued endlessly for the "playlist" in Kazoo be called Playing Queue, just for the avoidance of such ambiguity. Only once it's saved, does it become a "playlist".

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2018-08-11, 10:42
So glad I've never felt the need for a playlist! As for the OP, sounds like a fairly simple xsl file wouod do the job.

ADs/2 -> Klimax Exaktbox/1 -> Silvers -> 2xKCT/D -> K200 -> Ninka
2018-08-12, 09:18
Not confusing playlists with queue ... just in general, the support for selecting songs and maintaining playlists is poor. If you really want to compile one (or more at a time) from multiple different albums and genres it takes ages to do so. You need to switch back an forth , select the library again, it takes ages to read it out if you have a big one (60.000+ songs here).

I would expect a song being selected (no matter where ... in the library view or the queue or in a playlist preview) to use right click to send it to a new or existing (and possibly even multiple) playlists. As simple as that.

And about Kazoo ... Kisnky was ... third class software but it was almost working. Kazoo is a catastrophic. From my experience (and I have guests often and watch them trying to use it so it's not just me) is so bad that for me it's a reason to flip to another vendor. Unfortunately I have heavily invested in Linn products.
2018-08-12, 09:44
(2018-08-12 09:18)jwka Wrote:  Not confusing playlists with queue ... just in general, the support for selecting songs and maintaining playlists is poor. If you really want to compile one (or more at a time) from multiple different albums and genres it takes ages to do so. You need to switch back an forth , select the library again, it takes ages to read it out if you have a big one (60.000+ songs here).

I would expect a song being selected (no matter where ... in the library view or the queue or in a playlist preview) to use right click to send it to a new or existing (and possibly even multiple) playlists. As simple as that.

And about Kazoo ... Kisnky was ... third class software but it was almost working. Kazoo is a catastrophic. From my experience (and I have guests often and watch them trying to use it so it's not just me) is so bad that for me it's a reason to flip to another vendor. Unfortunately I have heavily invested in Linn products.

You always have to browse to the right song to do anything with it so I don't see the issue there. And you can add an album or track to an existing playlist in kazoo by simply clicking Add To...
Admittedly you can't do that from the Kazoo playing queue, only create a new playlist by saving it - but then, you must have selected the track in the first place to add to the queue.
Perhaps Roon is your answer, or creating m3us.

Hello to Jason Isaacs