Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-08-16, 18:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Space Optimisation v / Where are SO files stored?

Where are SO files stored?
2018-08-12, 10:23 (This post was last modified: 2018-08-12 10:24 by billzab.)
Where are SO files stored?
I recently had the misfortune of having my ADSM destroyed by a lightening strike as documented in this thread: http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.p...#pid486589

I will be collecting my new ADSM from my dealer later this week. Once I have it installed and tested I will then need to run SO. Will I have to input all my room data again or are the settings I have saved stored on my laptop? Without a DS Konfig does not give me access to any files. If they were stored on the DS then I will obviously have to start all over again.

Bill.

ADSM/3| Silvers | Akurate 4200 with Aktiv cards| K400 |Aktiv Keilidhs
RasberryPI-B/HiFiberry DAC | Classik | Kans MkII
QNAP TS251+ | Minimserver
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-08-12, 10:30
RE: Where are SO files stored?
Search for

OptimisationSettings.zip

under c:\user\documents if default settings weren't changed.

BY
2018-08-12, 10:44 (This post was last modified: 2018-08-12 10:54 by Briain.)
Hi

Assuming it is the same computer that you used for creating the original one, then it is quite likely that you saved it within Konfig after originally creating it, so when your new DS arrives, first select your Keilidh's from the speakers list, then the SO tab should present you with a screen with three options. I can't recall the exact wording, but it's something along the lines of 'do you wish to create a new one', 'do you wish import one from the DS' (and with it being a new DS, it obviously won't have a running one) or 'do you wish to open a previously saved one'. Try the previously saved option and hopefully you'll see a list containing the one (or more) that you originally created and saved, so if there, you can simply select it and apply it to the new DS.

Bri

AV System: Sky+, HTPC & Roku -> ADSM/3 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
Bedroom: ADSM/3 -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik sub
Sneaky DS -> Roomamp -> 104C (awaiting installation in kitchen; home-brew 'floor sub' yet to be designed)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
2018-08-12, 13:00
I think they are stored in the DS, not Konfig. If you hadn't exported them (Open->Export) then I think they are lost and you'll have to re-input again (once you have selected the speakers).
See if you can find the file as Baba said. You may have done it ages ago and just forgotten where it was. If there have been any SO changes since then, you will probably have to re-optimise even with imported settings. And then you may lose any tweaks/custom filters.
Lesson here is - whenever you make any changes to SO, or re-optimise after an SO update, always Export them Wink

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | AEBox10 [on Custom Design iRAPs] | M6100+2100 | Majik 140 [on alu stands] | REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-08-12, 13:20 (This post was last modified: 2018-08-12 13:23 by phino.)
(2018-08-12 13:00)timster (RadiatorCatHammock) Wrote:  I think they are stored in the DS, not Konfig. If you hadn't exported them (Open->Export) then I think they are lost and you'll have to re-input again (once you have selected the speakers).
See if you can find the file as Baba said. You may have done it ages ago and just forgotten where it was. If there have been any SO changes since then, you will probably have to re-optimise even with imported settings. And then you may lose any tweaks/custom filters.
Lesson here is - whenever you make any changes to SO, or re-optimise after an SO update, always Export them Wink

No. Only the currently active (or even incative) profile is stored in the Ds. All previously saved optimisations are saved as files by Konfig. These are all separate files, 'exporting' simply bundles all of these up into a single archive file which you can back up if required.

On a PC they will be in
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\linn\Konfig\OptimisationSettings
nb. That folder is 'hidden' so you might not see it if you haven't opted to show hidden files/folders in Windows Exporer.

The filenames are pretty meaningless 'globally unique id' numbers (and change every time you save changes). The most recent is probably the the one that was in use. But it's pretty academic, as posted above if the new Ds has never been optimised you'll get a list of options, one of which will be to load an existing profile, which will allow you to choose the most recent one (& by name rather than by some obscure number). If it has been optimised, you can simply load one of your profiles from the menu.
You should probably then do a save-as to create a fresh one for the new ds with its new hardware details.
In short, don't worry too much about it!

ADs/2 -> Klimax Exaktbox/1 -> Silvers -> 2xKCT/D -> K200 -> Ninka
2018-08-12, 13:47
(2018-08-12 13:20)phino Wrote:  
(2018-08-12 13:00)timster (RadiatorCatHammock) Wrote:  I think they are stored in the DS, not Konfig. If you hadn't exported them (Open->Export) then I think they are lost and you'll have to re-input again (once you have selected the speakers).

No. Only the currently active (or even incative) profile is stored in the Ds. All previously saved optimisations are saved as files by Konfig. These are all separate files, 'exporting' simply bundles all of these up into a single archive file which you can back up if required.

On a PC they will be in
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\linn\Konfig\OptimisationSettings
nb. That folder is 'hidden' so you might not see it if you haven't opted to show hidden files/folders in Windows Exporer.

The filenames are pretty meaningless 'globally unique id' numbers (and change every time you save changes). The most recent is probably the the one that was in use. But it's pretty academic, as posted above if the new Ds has never been optimised you'll get a list of options, one of which will be to load an existing profile, which will allow you to choose the most recent one (& by name rather than by some obscure number). If it has been optimised, you can simply load one of your profiles from the menu.
You should probably then do a save-as to create a fresh one for the new ds with its new hardware details.
In short, don't worry too much about it!

nb. Whilst exporting after every save is not doing any harm, it's complete overkill. It's simply a way to allow an easy method for you to archive all of your optimisation settings, if that sort of thing is important to you.

What (perhaps) is missing is a way for Konfig to allow import/export/visibility of your optimisation files when there is no Ds in the system.

ADs/2 -> Klimax Exaktbox/1 -> Silvers -> 2xKCT/D -> K200 -> Ninka
2018-08-12, 14:19
I stand corrected, thanks phino.
I export mine to my NAS so it's all backed up even if my laptop dies. Which it may do very soon, it's getting old and doddery.

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | AEBox10 [on Custom Design iRAPs] | M6100+2100 | Majik 140 [on alu stands] | REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-08-12, 14:27 (This post was last modified: 2018-08-12 14:32 by Briain.)
When you think about it, the act of creating them and saving them (within Konfig) is one form of backup and the one currently uploaded to the DS(s) is a second form of backup (though only of the running configuration within the DS(s), not of any earlier creations; they'd be gone if the PC ever expired).

Given that all PC's (or their disks) do eventually expire (and often without any warning) I have also exported a backup (from Konfig) and deposited it on my NAS (that way, it gets treated like all my other data and is thus backed up onto other NAS units) as when you ponder it, some folks have done a lot of work tweaking SO, so it makes sense to treat it like any other form of data and thus back it up accordingly.

In fact, back at the start of the year I exported a backup containing stacks and stacks of experimental profiles (and renamed the zip file to indicate it was an archive) then I deleted most of these experimental ones from within Konfig (just to tidy things up) then I again exported that vastly reduced bunch as my current Konfig backup. Of course, likely I'll never use anything from the more extensive archive of experimental profiles, but I do like to sit on these things for a year or two (just to be 100% certain) before totally trashing them.

Bri Smile

AV System: Sky+, HTPC & Roku -> ADSM/3 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
Bedroom: ADSM/3 -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik sub
Sneaky DS -> Roomamp -> 104C (awaiting installation in kitchen; home-brew 'floor sub' yet to be designed)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)