Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-14, 22:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Experiences with Power cords

Experiences with Power cords
2017-05-01, 08:38
MANUAL: Experiences with Power cords
Here I explained the way to the best power supply: https://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread....#pid433066
Here is a simple way to a good power supply with a great sound improvement.

[Image: MyPowersystem_einfach.jpg]

Greetings Jörn (sorry for my awful english)
Hörland - Over 40 years LINN
Open Source Seite: http://www.jpo-aktuell.de/OpenSource.php

New LP12, Radikal, Urika, Kore, Ekos SE, Kristal / QNAP 569 Pro / RME UCX
Akurate Exakt DSM2 / Kinsky (Minim) - Sneaky
Akubarik with Amp Stands / Silvercable - Unik / K200
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-05-24, 09:57
RE: Experiences with Power cords
I bought lots of Anker cables over a few years period. The micro-USB end always end up failing because the two little teeth get stuck inside the plug and stop gripping. It takes up to about a year for this to happen, but it has happened on over twenty Anker cables I bought in various sizes and styles. Other than that, the materials are high quality.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-07-25, 14:25
Use Naim standard mains leads for a better sound.

Naim mains cables via dealer made Hydra style crimped wall strip ♫ ♫ - KDS/1/D - KK/1/D - Klimax Crossovers -
6 prs Silvers - 2 x 4200/D - Keltiks.
Klimax units and 4200s in gorgeous BLACK Smile
Find all posts by this user
2017-09-23, 20:53 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-24 05:32 by The Flatearther.)
Mods,
Can you please have a good look at this thread which IMHO should be deleted for safety reasons.

Members please note that in the U.K. BS standards and EN electrical standards and specifications exist for SAFETY!

All Hifi is classed as portable electrical equipment and MUST be connected via a 13Amp plug fused at the correct equipment rating and connected to a ring main certified 13A socket outlet. The ring main connected directly to the Main Domestic Consumer Power Disribuion Unit, comprising fuses or RCCB current breakers.

Under NO circumstances may such equipment be directly connected to the Domestic Consumer Distribution Power Unit be it an older Fusebox or modern Current breaker PDU!

Even permanent fixed domestic units such as cookers, immersion heaters Must not be directly connected but must connect to a switchable outlet or a fused spur.

I have used layman's terms here to make things clearer.

What is being suggested in some of these posts is madness!

KR
The Flatearther
Peter Swain Moonburst Wenge No.57 Klimax LP12 - Linn Kandid - Linn KDS - Naim 52 / 250 amps - Linn Isobariks.
2017-09-23, 21:57 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-23 21:58 by Wat.)
(2017-09-23 20:53)The Flatearther Wrote:  What is being suggested in some of these posts is madness!

All expensive mains cables seem like madness to me. Linn supplies perfectly good mains leads in the box. If you want something that looks nice then try Supra Lo-Rad. If you want something better sounding then ..... All expensive mains cables seem like madness to me. Linn supplies perfectly good safe mains leads in the box.

Digital Juke Box & KLP12 into KK/1D+KCT through SD9s
MDSM3 through MG12s